Use PHP shell scripts within Automator Actions
Want to create php shell scripts and use them in Automator? Here's how...
- Navigate to /System/Library/Automator/Run Shell Script.action.
- Right click on Run Shell Script.action and choose "Show Package Contents"
- Within the folder that opens, locate /Contents/Resources/Shells.plist
- Open that file in a text editor (Drag it on to the SubEthaEdit icon in the Dock), and paste the following between the /usr/bin/perl and /usr/bin/python areas (probably around line 110, although this could change in future versions of Automator.):
- Save the file, and quit and restart Automator, now your Run Shell Script action will have a new Shell option.
I got this from a hint on Automator World
, which was adapted from an Apple Discussion Post
which no longer exists.